What are your plans this weekend? It feels like winter has hit us here and wintertime is often restful and relaxing. Trying not to get too caught up in the outside world and enjoying some peaceful time.
Make time this weekend to relax and feel into winter.
I invite you to think about how you can slow down in the winter and how you can do this?
1. Sleep in for the morning. Yes thats right, close all the blinds and turn off your phone, sleep like a baby and sleep in. When you start to wake up give yourself permission to go back to sleep. Do it. Stay off the clock and give your adrenal glands and your whole body a full recuperation by relaxed peaceful sleeping in for one day on the weekend or even two! A super healthy recovery.
2. Breathe . Breathing deeply in through the nose and out again through your mouth is a fast way to relax and kick in your parasympathetic nervous system, which is that part of your nervous system that helps your body rejuvenate and feel replenished.
3. Make some delicious vegetable soup and give your body a rest from cooking and also a detox over the weekend. Yes on cool winter weekends give your body a good rest and detox! Wintertime detox plans are all about warm nourishing foods that help you to become lighter and nurtured. These nurturing foods are delicious, warming and super packed with nutrients.
Heres my recipe for a gluten free vegan lasagne we made last night.
This is an awesome recipe to make one day and it tastes better the next.
Note theres no cheese or cheese substitutes in this recipe. The recipe is moist and delicious without the cheese concept. We added the coco yoghurt and hummus on the top at the end to add in a creamy element.
1. We roasted slices of pumpkin, carrot, celery and onion in Olive oil and some garlic and sea salt. Roast as few or many vegetables as you think you will need for your deep dish baking pan.
2. Grate half a medium bulb of fresh ginger
3. Make a good tomato sauce with 500 grams preserved tomatoes or tinned tomatoes mixed with liquid to make up to 1 kg. Add 1 tablespoon honey, 1 chilli sliced(or to taste) and 1 star anise cut up, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 3 clove buds, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder and 5 pods of cardamon. Crush these up and add in the grated ginger. This is an aromatic tomato sauce, always works well with a splash of cooking alcohol like red wine or green ginger wine, a dash of whiskey on a cold night. Boil this for fifteen minutes and reduce liquid till its thicker and the spices have had time to cook into the blend. YOU want to end up with about 500ml to 700ml of sauce at the end.
4. Now layer your baking dish with a layer of the tomato sauce, then add a layer of fresh gluten free lasagne sheets. Now add a layer of your roasted vegetables, then another layer of tomato sauce, and add in a layer of raw mushrooms, (think shitake in winter or good mushrooms from your local grower.) then another layer of lasagne sheets, layer upon layer. Until you have the pan full and you have used your ingredients.
Now roast in a medium oven about 175 degrees C. for 45 minutes.
Slice and Serve with a scoop of coco yoghurt and a scoop of hummus over the top. Sprinkle on extra fresh chilli and extra fresh herbs and spices!
We have some discounts on upcoming online course Womens wellness with a 20% early bird now.
Also our delicious wintertyme tea box is out now!
Our next Long table wellness day is on medicinal mushrooms on June 20th. We have a couple of spots left if you want to come to Maleny for the day and eat my cooking, do a workshop and enjoy mushrooms health education with Darina and me.
Call in at Eumundi markets Saturday and say hello. I will be there with our new wintertyme tea boxes too! Super happy we made these they are delicious with Reishi mushroom, elderberry and our wintertyme tea blend!
Call in to enjoy your weekend of yoga and wellness at Pranafest Sunshine Coast too. Medicineroom will be there and we are happy to support this event. If you enjoy High Vibes on the mountain or Blue Lotus at Woodford folk festival then many of our favourites are coming to pranafest. Day tix and weekend tix available.
Love Dom xox