How to do a spring cleanse your way! detox now with herbs
There is no difference between a detox or a cleanse. They are used interchangeably. To cleanse is to have a detox and to have a detox is to cleanse. Its just your preference which word you want to use!
Today I had my monthly live video on Holistic Bliss. This is a magazine that is both online and in print in Australia. I have been involved with Holistic Bliss since its inception and love many things about this publication. Founder and entrepreneur Vanessa Finnigan is a woman who makes changes happen in the wellness space. She encourages communication and connection with people and business. The publication is full of wholesomeness and innovation.
Heres the take aways from my talk. ( if you are interested in watching the talk visit my facebook page or Holistic Bliss facebook page. Thats the only platform they are sharing these on at this time)
1. Less is more. Eat less and rest more. This is springtime and you can have juice cleanses, water fasts, vegetable soup mono diets and basically back off on the food and give your digestion a detox and a rest.
2. Use bitters in your diet. Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, andrographis, schisandra and Milk thistle are all good to have before a meal to help the secretion of bile and aid the whole assimilation of nutrients process.
3. Take 5 grams of our morning tea blend and mix it with 400ml boiling water, a small pinch of salt and the juice of one lemon and drink that before anything else in the day! This won't spike insulin, won't take you out of your fasting mode and will flush your digestion, lover and organs. The perfect start to your day! With two or three hours before eating.
4. Mix 30ml of apple cider vinegar or the juice of half a lemon ( or whole lemon) with 10 grams of spirulina powder and fill the cup up with clean water and drink. You can add vitamin C powder or other powder nutrients to this drink. Have this drink once a day before a meal.
5. Drink a good detox tea daily in spring. Use the herb milk thistle that is a helps to protective herb and helps the liver stay healthy while you are flushing through poisons and toxins.
6. Make a salad dressing with Olive oil ( good cold pressed quality) and apple cider vinegar or lemon juice ( equal parts oil to vinegar or lemon) add some crushed garlic and a little honey or maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
7. Read my book The Wellness Zone as we have 70n pages of detox strategies in there.
Happy spring detoxing everyone.
Happy to help if you want a herbal formula made for your spring detox plan.
Love Dom xox