Common name: Shatavari
Botanical name: Asparagus racemosus
Why we love it: Empirical and traditional uses include:
- Traditionally used as a kidney tonic, blood cleanser and hormone balancer for menopausal women.
- Supportive for kidney health and soothes and cools the urinary system.
- Helps reduce inflammation, swelling and fluid retention.
- Beneficial in treating urinary tract infections.
- Adaptogenic - reduces stress and brings the body into balance.
- Rich in phytoestrogens - beneficial for reducing symptoms of menopause.
- In TCM, Shatavari is known as '1000 spouses' due to its potential to increase fertility.
Parts used: Organic Shatavari root
You will receive:
- 1x packaged product with your choice of organic herbal tea/raw herb
- Hand weighed and packed in our dispensary
- Please order single or multiple weights as required
Herbs are generally safe for use as teas. Occasionally some herbal tea may be contraindicated to your lifestyle or medications. We advise that you find out if the herbs are safe for you if you are concerned. Please contact us or your health care practitioner as needed.