When we look at foods that are really good for us we want to consider if they help our cellular replication and allow the body to process without deterioration, or whether the foods are degenerating and toxing our body in some way, assisting the ageing process.
Much research has gone into this topic and I have loved reading the research of many people in this field. It's going crazy as scientists experiment on themselves and try to reverse ageing through what we eat.
We all want healthy cells and we all want to live a quality life for longer. I was back at Mums this week, she is doing really well living in her peaceful country home near the southern highlands in NSW. I love her garden, its a herbal cottage garden and I have mentioned it before in my blogs.
Mum lives well. She has a simple life and prioritises a few special people ( her family and some close friends) She has managed to avoid the dreaded lurgy so far and she take preventative herbal formulas I make her every day.
Her diet is rich in polyphenols which are the class of active constituent we need to have less ageing in our cells and DNA.
These polyphenols include onions, garlic, turmeric, ginger , beetroot, lycopene in tomatoes and many more.
Here is mums recipe for an awesome Vegan curry that I love eating.
The serves two people.
1. Soak 1 cup of organic raw almonds, cashews, brazil nuts and walnuts in one cup/ 300ml of coconut cream over night. ( also add in 1/2 cup / 150ml of boiling hot water to help activate. Total of about 450ml liquid)
2. Use about a tablespoon of olive oil and heat pan. Add three cloves of garlic peeled and diced. 1 diced brown onion, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon cardamon, 1/2 teaspoon star anise powder and allow to simmer untill onion softens.
3. Pour in the nut and coconut blend. stir and bring to simmer. Simmer for ten minutes only.
4. Add 300 grams of those green baby spinach leaves and stir till they wilt.
5. Now squeeze in the juice of one full lemon and salt or miso to taste.
6. Serve on rice. or with pita bread.
7. I can imagine this curry with lots of other vegetables and making it more fancy. But Mum in her older years prefers to make simple and delicious foods that are protein packed, nutrient dense, antioxidant rich and assimilate well in our body.
My next online course early bird ends Sat night. Yes thats tomorrow night after the market. If you want to save $100 and study all aspects of metabolism with me, then I welcome you to sign up now. Final call.
Love Dom xxoo