Hello and seasons greetings.
How do you stay relaxed in the silly season? Do you go for long walks? Sit down with a stiff drink? go to yoga? meditate? or do you just do more? get more stressed and secrete more cortisol?
Cortisol is the hormone that adds to weight gain, blood pressure heights, fluid retention, mental worry and anxiety, depression and feelings of overwhelm. Christmas is a tense time as we need to continue with daily commitments as well as the extra expenses and time needed to create a festive atmosphere.
When we secrete stress hormones and we start a little cortisol and adrenaline pump going in our body, we start to rely on that level of stress and operate in an analytical, hard and fast way! This is a continuous pump that becomes automatic with time and we really need to stop that and get back into balance.
How do we get that softness back? how do we start to breathe freely, open our minds and our hearts to the moment and slow down the rush? Its always an effort to be busy and to be calm! Wouldn't it be lovely if you could start secreting some serotonin and some oxytocin love hormones and get everything done at an even pace? while you are happy.... To turn these happy hormones on... we need to creatively and consciously turn the stress hormones off... and the only way to do this is to relax, enjoy and feel positive and happy!
Here are my key tips for you to be happy this week..
1. Get enough sleep. No matter how busy you are make sure you get time to wind down before bed and get a full nights sleep. Have cool baths, showers, swims in the evenings. Relax your muscles and mind with massage, body work, a foot massage or some nice essential oils of lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang before bed. When you wake up in the morning, make some time for your daily practice before you get back into the grind of business.
2. Nourish your body with fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs. Keep your meals light and nourishing. Eat delicious foods that are good for you!
3. Don't party hard... sure have the odd indulgence, but make sure you are responsible with the food intakes of sugar, processed foods and carbohydrates that make you feel sluggish. Avoid trans fatty acids and that second piece of cake! Keep your alcohol units in check and drink plenty of water when you do go out for festive celebrations.
4. Be kind to yourself and your loved ones.... practice kindness. Take a deep breathe between words when needed and take some time for silence in your day.. be restful and try to think happy thoughts... don't allow that overwhelming feeling to take over and replace your mind chatter with happy thoughts.. This is being kind to yourself.. and to others.
5. The herbs st Johns wort. lemon balm, liquorice root, lavender and chamomile are a wonderful combination in our herbal stress ease formula. Its really relaxing and nourishing for the nervous system and emotional body.
6. Drink chamomile tea, liquorice root tea, lemon balm tea, and valerian tea before bed. These drinks all help you stay calm and help support your nervous system.
7. Genuinely enjoy yourself... when you cook, cook what you love....when you see people, really enjoy their company... It doesn't matter if you are a little late with time lines.. When you go shopping for presents... only get things you know the person will love and get something that is a real gift from you... something happy from you!
8. Spritz your face and body with beautiful perfumes and aromatherapy sprays, think rose geranium and also ylang ylang, bergamot and sweet smelling scents that are natural and feel good. Turn on your feel good senses in any way you can... and then you will turn off your stress hormones.
Enjoy the festive season and we look forward to connecting with you again soon.
IF YOU ORDER ONLINE BETWEEN NOW AND TUESDAY NIGHT THE 18TH DECEMBER FROM OUR HERBAL BODY PRODUCTS AND GIFT VOUCHERS. WE WILL POST EXPRESS POST YOUR ORDER! Last postage from us is th 19th and 20th December.
We would love to connect with you about our services, products and events.
Our next Long Table wellness day is on January 13th on Making herbal medicines for energy boosting and recovery! The perfect post festive season topic... .
We are at Woodford Folk Festival from Dec 26th open at 3pm till January 1st Close at 9pm. Located at The Blue Lotus Venue.
We are at Eumundi Markets on Saturday Dec 22nd, Then away from Eumundi for two weeks and back on January 12th.
Herbal postal services will be open until the 19th December and then closed until the 9th January. Please let us know before Dec 19th 2018 for postage before Christmas. Any orders received between postal dates will be acknowledged and posted on the 9th and 10th January 2019.
Herbal naturopathic clinics with Dominique will be closed from January 22nd and we have some bookings available on January 8th 2019.
phone us 0409765033
Our facebook pages are Dominique Livkamal and Medicineroom http://www.facebook.com/dominiquelivkamal
On instagram we are medicine_room
Check out our awesome herbal skin balms, oils and nectars online. We love making these for you and if you are out and about we will be at Eumundi Markets on Saturday.
You can buy my body products at Maple Street Co op Maleny. New Earth Cafe Coolum, Kunara Foods Sunshine Coast. the Wellness Mill in Nambour, Bliss you Wellness Caloundra, Brunswick heads health foods, Santos food Mullumbimby and Byron Bay. Happy Herbs Alice Springs.Lost treasures in Balmoral Rd Montville. If you want to be a stockist, call us or email email@example.com and let us share our little pots of happiness with you. !
We are also offering our Herbal Body Therapy and naturopathic clinics in Caloundra please see our consultations section of the web site for details.
Have a great day
Love and light Dominique Livkamal
MHlth public health/health promotion Bch Hlth Sc/ Complimentary medicine ND, Nutritionist, herbalist . Adv Dip Nat. Dip Journ. Kundalini yoga teacher, Zen Thai Shiatsu, student of life and wellness advocate. Founder Medicineroom. High vibes on the mountain, herbal first aid services and programmer for Woodford Folk Festival…. always working with love, gratefulness, light and through the divine grace!