The Bush Fires followed right on the heals of the dust storms here on The Sunshine Coast this weekend. Here are my best tips to prevent and cure respiratory tract illness.
Peregian beach Fires Pic Lachie Millard Sept 9th 2109.
There is so much smoke in the air right now. Look after yourselves and try some of my tips to help prevent respiratory tract illnesses.
My best naturopathic tips to prevent respiratory tract illness now.
Your head cavity is a hollow space and mucous is the bodies first respinse to allergens entering your body. So, When you breathe in smoke, dust, micro particles, pollens and residues from the dust and fire your body may go into over drive and produce a lot of mucous. This leads to congestion and also can create infections such as sinus infections. To help prevent this happening you can take action asap. If you don't start to reduce mucous in your head cavity then it can easily become nasal drip and drip the mucous down into your lungs and carry the allergens into the lungs, this creates more congestion, coughs, and can also develop into a myriad of lung infections.
Here are my tips for prevention and acute respiratory care.
1. Put a scarf or mask on around your face/ nose mouth area when you are in the smoke zones! This reduces the breathing in of smoke.
2. Avoid direct contact with smoke and dust as much as possible. Remove yourself and prone family members away from the situation.
3. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon into 500ml of water and drink the water through the day. Add extra lemon if you need to reduce acute mucous build up in the head cavity. Up to 1 lemon per 500ml water. It will help strip mucous from your body. If you are worried about acid on teeth, then use a drinking straw.
4. Add Honey to the lemon juice as this helps reduce allergenic responses in the body and helps remove the excess mucous.
5. Drink fenugreek tea or take fenugreek herbal extraction at 5ml 1:2 extraction per 20 kg of body weight one to three times a day as prescribed by your naturopath, herbalist.
6. Take garlic, horseradish and celery/ green juices in your diet. If you think you are starting to get an upper respiratory ailment and start to feel congested then make a celery, green spinach and chlorophyl rich juice with the addition of garlic, ginger and turmeric to reduce the mucous and reduce risk of infection. Add a lemon for a really great infection fighting juice
7. Eat clean! reduce the foods you eat to natural pure foods and stay away from preservatives, additives and congestive foods such as dairy foods, sugars, wheat and starches to help reduce your chances of infection. Eating clean is a fruit and vegetable based diet with quality protein sources.
8. The herbal extractions we recommend are fenugreek, thyme, elderberry, horseradish, garlic, echinacea, sage, nettle, and olive leaf. Use herbs that will clear the potential for infection and take them at therapeutic doses.
9. If you are prone to asthma make sure you have essential fatty acids and herbs like nettle to help reduce the constriction of the bronchial tubes.
We are super happy to chat with you and formulate a herbal solution to meet your needs.
Call us 0409765033. 15 minute free chat line for advice and we can formulate and send you herbs asap!
Make a skype booking for longer consults!
Much love, stay safe and blessings Dom xoxo
Check out our online shop for herbal body products and gift vouchers. You can also get my books as e books online.
We are open from Tuesday to Saturday each week for herbal and naturopathic services.
YOU CAN BOOK CLINIC WITH ME. PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS. CALOUNDRA OR MALENY... call us 0409765033 or text to book. Love Dom xoxo
Our next Long Table Wellness day is October 20th and December 1st. We are open for bookings now. www.medicineroom.com.au
OUR ORGANIC HERBAL BODY PRODUCTS ONLINE...
PROJECT WELLNESS SPOTIFY. Is my podcast... check it out.
PROJECT WELLNESS PODBEAN
You can heal your life with herbs, nutrition and mindset. Be calm, be healthy and have a strong emotional body, strong physical body and an active vibrant mind! We are really happy to help you.
Have a great day and take care
phone us +61 409765033
Our facebook pages are Dominique Livkamal and Medicineroom http://www.facebook.com/dominiquelivkamal
With love and blessings Dominique Livkamal
MHlth public health/health promotion Bch Hlth Sc/ Complementary medicine ND, Nutritionist, herbalist . Adv Dip Nat. Dip Journ. Kundalini yoga teacher, Zen Thai Shiatsu, student of life and wellness advocate. Founder Medicineroom. High vibes on the mountain, herbal first aid services and programmer for Woodford Folk Festival…. always working with love, gratefulness, light and through the divine grace!