We had so much fun at our Long Table Wellness Day on Sunday. Lots of potion making and education. These days always include herbal teas, elixirs, medicines, lunch and workshops. Usually we start the day with finding out what the group wants from the experience. So our topic this week was making medicines for skin conditions... including arthritis and pain relief, excema , psoriasis and whatever else we came up with. Our next one is on September 16th.
Here is a recipe we made. Coconut salty body scrub
Here is a simple way to exfoliate your skin to increase circulation each day. Instead of traditional body brushing with oil, you can remove dead skin cells, increase circulation and shine your body with beautiful nourishing oils super quickly and so conveniently that you will want to make this your daily routine. It feels beautiful on your whole body and is possibly one of the easiest recipes I've ever developed.
What you need!
- We made a coconut body scrub so we used 1 kg of coconut oil. You can use whatever oil you like. My favourites are black sesame, local olive oil, avocado, macadamia or almond oils. Depending on your skin type, preferences and whats available in your region.
- We used good old sea salt. A fine grade. Use whatever salt you like Even better if it comes from the sea near you! 300 grams was the ratio I used which is roughly about 1/3 of the quantity of oil. You can also use a fine sugar, spice of your choice, ie cinnamon, and make this recipe your favourite combo of exfoliants. Just be careful about what may irritate your skin or what will feel silky and nourishing. Cinnamon can effect some peoples skin and create a lot of heat. Spices like ginger and turmeric, paprika powders etc may either stain your skin or create a reaction. So usually I use fine grade salt or sugar only.
- Essential oils of your choice. About 20ml per kilo/ litre of oil. Once again be conscious of what is soothing on your skin and avoid volatile oils on your face.
What to do
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then place in a jar.
- When you have a shower or bath, massage some of this mixture into all of your skin before you get in the water. Then rinse off in the water. You don't need to apply soap or any other moisturisers. You will see that the salt/ sugar just dissolves in the water and has done its job as an exfoliant and the oil is starting to absorb into your system for nourishment. There is a fine layer of oil left and thats beautiful aromatherapeutic hydration.
Enjoy! You can do this everyday! Nourishing skin food and increases circulation and wakes up your whole system. Releases toxins and opens up the skin for a beautiful day. And, you feel so beautiful and soft.
If you are in Melbourne this coming week we will be at The Showgrounds from Sunday. SC37 is our stall. Come say hello. The Reed Gift Fair is our destination and we are setting up for our spring launch of our new range of beautiful little pots of happiness.. herbal skin balms and nectars. So, if you are a practitioner, retailer or therapist wanting to share our beautiful products with your clients, we are wholesaling from Melbourne this coming week. For our regular shops and therapists, we will chat with you about this range when we talk next. Its very exciting, therapeutic, great value and beautiful developments in my formulating. The art work is stunning. Thanks to some very special help I've had!
We have been really busy all winter getting this range ready to showcase to you in September. So, if you see us between now and then the chances are that you will get a sneak peak or two of our new range. We are slowly introducing products at Eumundi Markets to give our regular clients the first look in at this new range. Visiting us at our stall there is always a great opportunity to say hello and get our assistance and advice for your health care concerns in a free clinic environment. Also we offer the best prices on our body products when we pop up and see you face to face. If you can't see us at the markets, get online and we have a shop for the body products. If you want some advice on herbal medicines then please talk with me directly as these are only available through my personal advice to you!
We are also hosting our beautiful friend Kevin James Carroll on the 2nd September on the Sunny Coast. Its the weekend of our beautiful Maleny Music Festival as well. So we won't be in Maleny this time. We will let you know the venue soon. We are checking out our options. We will have a sunset chanting circle from 4pm to 7pm. So its the perfect Sunday afternoon destination.... somewhere on the Sunshine Coast!
Come to our next workshop on September 16th in Maleny. Prepare for your spring detox regime. A day of detox strategies.
Contact us 0409765033 to book or online Wellness workshops with Dom
Our facebook pages are Dominique Livkamal and Medicineroom http://www.facebook.com/dominiquelivkamal
On instagram we are medicine_room
Check out our awesome herbal skin balms, oils and nectars online. We love making these for you and if you are out and about we will be at Eumundi Markets on Saturday.
You can buy my body products at Maple Street Co op Maleny. New Earth Cafe Coolum, Kunara Foods Sunshine Coast. Bliss you massage Caloundra, Brunswick heads health foods, Happy Herbs Alice Springs. If you want to be a stockist, call us or email email@example.com and let us share our little pots of happiness with you. !
We are also offering our Herbal Body Therapy in Caloundra so you can make your booking fro me directly with them. blissyoumassage.com.au. I am there mid August and also again in early September. Love and light.
Have a great day
Love and light Dominique Livkamal
MHlth public health/health promotion Bch Hlth Sc/ Complimentary medicine ND, Nutritionist, herbalist . Adv Dip Nat. Dip Journ. Kundalini yoga teacher, Zen Thai Shiatsu, student of life and wellness advocate. Founder Medicineroom. High vibes on the mountain, herbal first aid services and programmer for Woodford Folk Festival.... always working with love, gratefulness, light and through the divine grace!